R e g l a z i n g S o l u t i o n s
After the required drying time, and before you use your reglazed tub, it is mandatory that a caulk seal be reapplied. Failure to do so can lead to water damage and a costly repair. While anyone can apply caulk, many of us are unable to do so and have it look professional. Here is a method that is easy to do, and the results are super. First select a good tub and tile caulk. We recommend Sherwin Williams C-600 Tub and Tile caulk. It is economical, dries fast, cleans up with water, and does a great job. Whatever brand you choose, make sure it dries quick, and cleans up with water. Next, get a roll of 1" masking tape. If your walls around the tub were reglazed also, or are wallpapered, we recommend you use a Delicate Surface (the blue kind) masking tape. Now....lets go caulk that tub!
1. First, your reglazed surface is still curing, so do not lean into the material and scratch, or smudge the surface.
2. Apply your tape to the walls around your tub, leaving a gap of approximately 1/4" between the bottom of the tape, and the tub surface. DO NOT APPLY TAPE TO THE REGLAZED SURFACE.
3. Cut the tip of the caulk tub off at an angle, and starting at one end of your tub, squeeze out the caulk, forming a bead around the tub. If you left gaps, or need to apply a heavier bead, do so now. Remember, we are looking for complete coverage here only.
4. With tthe caulk applied, wet your index finger, and smooth out the bead.
5. Using a WET sponge, wash cloth, etc., clean up any smudges that are on the tub.
6. Once you are satisfied with your workmanship, and before the caulk starts to dry, remove the masking tape! Wasn't that easy ???
*** TO AVOID DAMAGE NEVER APPLY TAPE TO A REGLAZED SURFACE ***
bath bathtub tub sink tile shower bathroom porcelain bath magic ugly tub
bath reglazing bath refinishing bath resurfacing bathtub reglazing bathtub refinishing bathtub resurfacing
tub reglazing tub refinishing tub resurfacing sink reglazing sink refinishing sink resurfacing
tile reglazing tile refinishing tile resurfacing shower reglazing shower refinishing shower resurfacing
cincinnati columbus dayton detroit indianapolis louisville madison rockford toledo
ohio michigan indiana kentucky illinois wisconson
bathroom reglazing bathroom refinishing bathroom resurfacing remodeling
Got an Ugly Tub?
Don't replace it...Reglaze It !!
Bath Magic Inc.